|Top Reviews: Ford Explorer Ford B-Max Chery QQ Skoda Yeti Cam-Am Spyder BMW 1602 Nissan Frontier|
Smart Fuel-Saving Tips for Provident Drivers
Oil makes the world go round. This statement is true, at least, for car owners who know for sure that moving headway would be impossible without fuel. Unfortunately, fuel price is continuously rising; thus, the vitality of taking economy measures does not (and will not) vanish from the agenda.
Wanna know the most efficient fuel-saving tricks? Here you are!
1. Temperate your speed appetite. Remember: the higher the speed is, the more gasoline/diesel the car ‘eats’. Similarly, frisky acceleration as well as braking results in more consumption. Driving at moderate speed will reduce energy intake by the engine.
2. Make it a habit to regularly check tire pressure. Tires lose pressure in the course of time (due to temperature variations, road surface, etc.), demonstrating more rolling resistance. In addition, off-gauge wheels with enlarged width require more energy. Hence, in order to reduce consumption, opt for standard tires and maintain the necessary pressure level in them.
3. Ratchet down on activating electronics and air conditioner. The latter eats away 10%-20% fuel due to additional loading on the generator. Curiously enough, driving with wide open windows increases consumption by 0.5-1.0 L per hour. Thus, you should better use ventilation system rather than hanging out of the window.
4. Manipulate gears wisely. Take into consideration that driving at high gears but at low speed triggers unnecessary waste of fuel. Forcing your vehicle to move unnaturally for a particular gear adds more strain on the engine. Mind that automobiles with automatic transmission use 10%-15% more fuel than those with manual transmission.
5. Clean the vehicle from litter and stuff as a reserve. This way you’ll save some 1% gasoline.
6. Try to park in shade. This way, it will take less time for the vehicle to get cooled, saving up to 10% energy.
7. Pay special attention to the engine condition. Change air filer is necessary. Foul filter blows less air, having a detrimental effect on fuel consumption. Moreover, inspect the lubricants, the clutch and hand brakes – their proper operation ensures the highest performance at the lowest energy intake.
Useful Tips for Every Day: